You may be hearing a lot about the importance of a healthy immune system. In fact, we recently shared an article with 6 steps to boost your immune system! But, with news of a pandemic, you may still have questions about what you can do to help your immune system ward off illness. And, that’s okay. Your health and wellness is our top priority. So, that’s why we’re here to provide more information on the power and health of your immune system. Because it matters more than you may think.
Imagine your immune system is like a group of firefighters. About 95% of the time, firefighters peacefully reside in the firehall on call in case of emergency. When the alarm goes off and someone’s house or life are in jeopardy, the firemen rally to solve the problem. But, they have been trained and prepared to handle any emergency situation.
Our immune system acts like the firefighters. It stays ready (even during a pandemic), if it is healthy, to fight the fight within hours if needed. Our immune system consists of many different types of cells within the body. These cells are used as our own weapons against infection. The goal is to be ready to surround and destroy foreign invaders before they destroy us. With a strong and robust immune system, we can almost be assured that we will win all battles that confront us when infection from bacteria or viruses invade our body. That’s why a pandemic doesn’t have to create pandemonium. With a strong and robust immune system, we can almost be assured that we will win all battles that confront us when infection from bacteria or viruses invade our body. Click To Tweet
Strengthen Your Immune System
The truth is there are a plethora of reasons for us to have a compromised or weakened immune system. Age, pre-existing disease, excessive stress, obesity, sleep deprivation, medications, nutrient deficiencies, low Vitamin D, and other factors can severely weaken anyone’s immune system. This means we would have more risk of losing the battle with a virus if it comes our way as our immune fighters simply are not strong any longer. When we face a pandemic, doesn’t it make sense to strengthen and build the immune system with safe, natural, and science-based options?
If this makes sense to you, read my suggestions below as to what I have learned on natural options in regaining our vital power of the immune system so we win every single battle!
In light of the recent pandemic, I’ve had countless people ask me the following questions. What can be done to optimize their immune system? And, what can they do to help their own defenses fight harder when it is under attack? Let’s take a look at a few immune balancing tips. Disclaimer: The information on this website and the topics discussed have not been evaluated by the FDA or anyone of the medical profession, and is not aimed to replace any advice you may receive from your medical practitioner. Nutrition World assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of any of these materials. Nutrition World is not a doctor, nor does it claim to be, please consult your physician before beginning any health regimen. If you are being treated for any medical illness, check with your medical professional before starting any protocol.
Immune System Boosting Options to Keep You Healthy
- Hand-washing for at least 20 seconds many times per day.
- Learn to not touch your mouth, nose, ears and eyes. These are all entry points where pathogens go directly into your body.
- One of the most vital tips is to STOP mouth breathing! A Russian physician, Dr. Buteyko, demonstrated the devastation to our health when we do not breathe through our nose. The nose can filter and stop so many germs. But, the mouth simply allows easy entry. To learn more about Buteyko’s breathing technique, listen to this podcast.
- Know that each time you consume sugar it weakens your immune defense for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spray Xlear in your nose many times per day. Research shows that Xylitol prevents pathogens from sticking to it. So, if you did inhale a virus, Xylitol may stop it before it can get started.
- Embrace the Core 4. The combination of nutrients within this package have the potential to supercharge your immune system. Plus, give you more energy, better gut health and less inflammation. But, make sure to check with your healthcare professional first if receiving treatment for a medical condition. To learn more about the Core 4, click here.
If You Feel “Under the Weather”
Please note that these plans are not to treat any disease, virus, or health condition. They are to optimize your immune system. The key is if you start to feel under the weather, you have to act quickly. You only have a 36 hour window of opportunity. Waiting is the enemy of results here. Check with your health care professional if being treated for any medical issues.
Immune Optimization: Tier 1 Basic Plan
This plan is for people that are not feeling well and need to support their body’s fighting ability.
- Vitamin D: 20,000-50,000 iu (500 mcg-1,250 mcg) with food containing fat in the morning for 5 days.
- Vitamin A: 20,000-50,000 iu (6,000 mcg- 15,000 mcg) with breakfast for 5 days. Do not use if you are pregnant or have any chance of pregnancy or being treated for medical conditions
- Vitamin C: Liposomal is the preferred form as it maintains blood level far longer. But, all Vitamin C are effective. 1000mg every 2 to 3 hours for 5 to 7 days.
- Quercetin: 2 capsules, 2 times daily for one to two weeks.
- Melatonin: 5 to 10mg at bedtime for 5 to 7 days.
- Mushrooms: 6 to 8 capsules daily in divided doses.
- Olive Leaf: 2 capsules, 3 times daily.
- Zinc: 30 to 50 mg daily with food.
- NAC: 2 caps twice daily.
Nattokinase or Lumbrokinase: These two natural products offer additional benefit to achieve optimal viscosity of the blood. Check with your physician if prescribed blood thinners. Dosage 1 capsule twice daily.
Ivermectin. Best option is to have a prescription before requiring it. Here are options if your healthcare provider is not embracing the value of this safe, effective and inexpensive drug.
Immune System Boost: Tier 2 Expanded Plan
This plan is ideally combined with the Tier 1 plan for additional power. It’s designed for those in need of an even more immediate and intensive immune response.
- Manuka Honey: 1 teaspoon 3 times daily. To learn the amazing health benefits of this special honey, you can listen to my podcast.
- Aged Garlic: 3 capsules, 3 times daily with food for 5 to 7 days.
- DHEA: 100mg to 200mg in the morning for 5 days.
- Thieves oil: Spray as needed in the air or on the body.
- Herbal bitters: Several sprays before meals especially if nausea is an issue.
Read our updated article on COVID natural protocols used by the medical community here.
Want to Learn More?
To learn more about dosing of these ingredients, please refer to this podcast episode or read through this blog article. Dr. Mike Smith, director of education for Life Extension, clearly explains the steps on how to optimize our immune system during challenging times. Not only during a pandemic but anytime. If you still have questions about this topic, reach out to us today to see how we can help you achieve optimal health and vitality. Our experts are here to help you live your best life. But, please understand that we are not medical professionals and cannot offer medical treatment. Visit your medical professional for medical advice. Want even more? Schedule a wellness consultation now. We also offer the convenience of online shopping for quick delivery and convenience. Additional published science references are available upon request.
Disclaimer: The information on this website and the topics discussed have not been evaluated by the FDA or anyone of the medical profession and is not aimed to replace any advice you may receive from your medical practitioner. Nutrition World assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever on the behalf of any purchaser or reader of these materials. Nutrition World is not a doctor, nor does it claim to be. Please consult your physician before beginning any health regimen.